Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Stables


oil on panel............ 7x9"
Pathways have always intrigued me. I like when a scene draws me in and I felt this particular view did that. This is one of the many little sketches I painted at the Verdant Equestrian Center.




oil on panel............ 6x8"
This particular painting was very challenging. I had to contend with the unforgiving gusts of wind that blew dust in my face and the wary, equestrian personnel. My friend Paul Rafferty just looked on with amusement as I ranted and raved. Don't know how I managed to pull that one off without my morning coffee.


Engaging in this activity keeps me sane!
Photo courtesy of Will Wray



oil on canvas panel............ 7x9"
Another little study done at the Verdant Equestrian Center. Again, sans coffee that morning.

8 comments:

William K. Moore said...

Jennifer.. you now have the blog up, going, and stocked. I look forward to your daily entries and the evolution that will follow. I believe this is a powerful way to tell your story... and now it is being told.. This painting is warm and takes me to the zone of ease and comfort. Bravo! -bill

June Parrish Cookson said...

WOW!! Great paintings Jennifer. Glad to have discovered you through William Moore's wonderful blog. Will visit routinely. Hope you have a great journey with your blog!

Jennifer McChristian said...

Hi June,

Still getting used to this blog thing.
Thanks for the encouragement and warm comments.

René PleinAir said...

An other great one, ......

It makes my belly glow to watch this kind of wonderful spontaneous work. It looks soo easy, but then, ......

Gorgeous

BillF said...

You've sure reached a good place with your art. Love the neutrals in your 'pathways' painting.

Jennifer McChristian said...

Thank you Rene!

Jennifer McChristian said...

Hi Bill,

Thank you.
I like to challenge myself and attempt to capture the subtle and delicate colors in neutrals.

Anonymous said...

I wish if i can share my art reserch portal with you.